Join Patients Rising Now to Improve Patient Access to Care
Patients Rising Now is an advocacy group working to improve patient access to care. The cornerstone of your health is knowing your rights as a patient and the responsibilities of those serving you. As a patient, you have the right and responsibility to be informed and participate in decisions about your health, your care, and your coverage. At a time when more Americans have health insurance than at any other time in history, we need to ensure that coverage means care. The goal of Patients Rising Now is to protect all health care consumers and make sure decisions about care remain between patients and their health care provider. Together, our voices can be a powerful tool for change and hold insurance companies accountable for their actions.
Right now, patients are struggling to access their right medications, they are shut out from deciding what treatment is best for them, and they are denied basic rights of privacy and transparency they deserve from their insurance companies. That’s why Patients Rising Now is so important.
Patients Rising Now has created a 5-point manifesto that calls on insurance companies to do the right thing. As patients, we expect:
- To be able to access the health care services we need.
- That health care decisions will remain between us and our doctors.
- That we will be able to access our personal health information, and that our insurers will be clear and transparent with us about their practices.
- That additional health care costs will be limited by our insurers.
- And that our health care coverage will treat us as individuals, not policy numbers.
Let your voice be heard by signing the Patients Rising Now Change.org petition and rise up for patients everywhere! Click here to learn more and sign the petition.