TheSpineCommunity Presents: Ask the Expert Series
David G. Borenstein, MD will be answering questions in TheSpineCommunity on ankylosing spondylitis (AS) and back pain the week of January 15th. TheSpineCommunity is an online resource center and support community for individuals affected with ankylosing spondylitis and other inflammatory conditions of the spine and back pain.
About Dr. Borenstein:
A past President of the American College of Rheumatology and a Clinical Professor of Medicine at the George Washington University Spine Center, Dr. Borenstein currently practices with Arthritis and Rheumatism Associates (ARA). He is a Master of the American College of Rheumatology and the American College of Physicians and has been active in a number of many medical professional organizations. Dr. Borenstein has served as a consultant of lumbar spinal stenosis for the National Institutes of Health, has chaired low back pain symposia for a number of physician groups, and has lectured to the general public on behalf of the Arthritis Foundation. He is a member of the International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine. A graduate of Columbia University, Dr. Borenstein received his Doctor of Medicine from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, where he also completed his internship and residency, and completed his fellowship in rheumatology at the Connective Tissue Division at Johns Hopkins. He was a Professor of Medicine and Neurosurgery at The George Washington University Medical Center and was the Director of the Spine Center. Dr. Borenstein is board certified in internal medicine with sub-specialty certification in rheumatology.
See Dr. Borenstein’s previous Ask The Expert event by clicking on the following links (registration required):
- Question: What are the best exercises for ankylosing spondylitis?
- Question: Is there a link between AS and peripheral neuropathy and/or chronic demyelinating polyneuropathy?
- Question: Has anyone compared the TNF inhibitors to the IL17 inhibitors? Is one better than the other?
- Question: Psoriatic arthritis (PSA) and ankylosing spondylitis (AS) – are they the same or different diseases? Are different therapies needed to treat these diseases?
- Question: What are the symptoms of iritis?
- Question: What is the risk of AS in individuals with Crohn’s disease?
\The Ask the Expert Guest Series is not intended to be a substitute for healthcare professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Speak to your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding your health.*