October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
The month of October brings breast cancer into focus, it’s time to increase public understanding of the disease, raise awareness of screening and prevention, new treatment options, and resources that offer updated breast cancer information throughout the year.
The American Cancer Society estimates that over 210,000 individuals will be diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States during 2019, with approximately 2,000 new cases expected in men. After skin cancer, breast cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer in women.(1)
Featured This Month on Cancer Connect
- Update on Mammography Screening Guidelines
- Why Breast Density Matters
- Low Fat Diet is Good for Breast Cancer
- Did You Know Acupuncture Plays a Role in the Management of Breast Cancer?
Some of Our Favorite Survivor Stories
- Sheryl Crow-Gratitude and Grace
- Reconstructing Hope-Breast Reconstruction Survivor Stories
- Hoda Kotb "Transform and Transcend"
- Peggy Flemming "Challenge of a Lifetime"
- Lori Kapp Makes her Mark!
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer
Copyright © 2018 CancerConnect. All Rights Reserved.